PEAT is searching for an UX researcher, who is willing to connect closely to farmers, growers and extension workers in Maharashtra and beyond. In order to support our team in the headquarter in Germany, Berlin building the right product for our target users in India, we are currently looking for a skilled and motivated user experience researcher with previous experience in the sector.
In this role, you will create understanding and empathy around user needs, stated and unstated, for the entire product team including UX designers, agronomist, engineers and developers.
You will do so by conducting primary research, exploring the behaviors and motivations of our users through different methods like field visits - regular traveling to the countryside is a must, interviews, surveys, usability testing, etc. Your research will help us create useful, usable and delightful Plantix experience. You’ll inspire changes at all stages of product development by delivering compelling, written presentations of your findings.
To support our team in Pune we are currently looking for a experienced, skilled and motivated user experience researcher in full-time. Working experience in the field of UX research for Android applications is a must. We are looking for bright minds that want to make a change.
Who we're looking for
- Conduct independent UX research for our Android app Plantix and its related apps as well as our internal tools.
- Collect and analyze user behavior through user testings, field visits, surveys and interviews.
- Work with UX Designers, Agronomist, Engineers and other UXRs to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements and issues into research.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports.
- Open to extensive traveling across Maharashtra and other parts of India.
- Willing to travel to the Headquarter based in Berlin, Germany (approx. onces a year).
- Professional experience creating and moderating user testings for at least 2 years with a special focus on Android apps testing.
- You have good knowledge about control experiment and interview strategies.
- You are able to iterate over your script when you find opportunities of improvement onsite and translate the findings late to new sessions.
- Savvy user on testing software such as Morae, or other recording testing clients and you feel comfortable setting user testing through prototyping tools such as Axure, Invision or sketch.
- Good understanding of material design and interaction rules.
- You are a highly empathetic person and know how to make users feel at ease in testing environment, gathering as much information as possible without interrupting users’ flow.
- Good at asking open question and moderating testing sessions.
- Exposure in working with international team.
- Personality is open-minded, unbiased and impartial.
- Very autonomous way of working, self organisation and coordination.
- You have a social science background and you have previously worked setting up social experiments.
- Professional experience analysing user insights and creating reports.
- Professional experience conducting interview and field research - ideally you have previously worked in rural environments.
- Experience summarizing insights and findings in a comprehensive way for different stakeholders.
What we offer
- Get the chance to implement your own ideas in a growing company and feel the impact you create.
- Get hands-on experience building a revolutionary and meaningful product.
- Become part of mission-driven, smart, and engaged co-workers that care.
How to apply?
- Interested candidate may send a meaningful CV (max. 3 pages) before 23th of November 2018
- Please feel free to apply online along with CV through the respective Job Portal
For further information about us visit
Are you interested? Please send us your application to firstname.lastname@example.org